- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
I always say “coke” cuz I want a coke and people get really confused. I’m like “DUDES. It’s the TYPE of SODA THAT I WANT TO DRINK.” *just southern things*
ikr? and I don’t drink Coca Cola, so I would always have to specify.
For those not from the south, the generification works in that region because it is literally only Coke products everywhere. The only place to get Pepsi products is, like, Taco Bell.
Australian Photoset #5
Sometimes it makes me feel better to realize that Australia is SO MUCH MORE FUCKED UP than ANYTHING my brain could come up with - even with my fucked up brain chemistry, even when I’m having an episode.
Australia: What ARE you?
New Zealand’s less emotionally mature and strangely taller sibling.
When people talk about New Zealand it’s always “It’s Middle-Earth!” and “There are significantly more sheep than humans”! (I do approve of sheep. They make wool.) It’s never HORRIBLE THINGS THAT WILL KILL YOU. If there ARE any horrible things (and a very brief overview of Google says you’re fairly safe) they’re overshadowed by Australia.
So I guess Australia’s the problem child of the family.
Allow me to direct your attention to the high octane nightmare fuel story of the huntsman spider.
shadowen you want to go back there
I never claimed this was a rational desire.
I hope that question was just someone who wanted you to use that gif.
I know who the “anon” is, and yeah, they were def expecting a snarky response. :)
I read a ton of MG stuff like Nancy Drew and then skipped straight to adult books, going back to read YA when I was in my 20s. :D
ditto. ::high five of weird reader solidarity::
Wow that’s… that’s pretty intense. I’M SO HERE FOR IT (as long as they end up ok. They end up ok right?)
They end up ok.
The only guarantee I will make for all of my C/C fic is that, at the end of the story, they will both be 1) alive and 2) together. For everything else, I make no promises. :)
My husband once found the first 24 Encyclopedia Brown books at a rummage sale for $0.25 each and bought them all.
YOUR CHILDREN WILL ADORE YOU
Ooh, did you ever do Boxcar Children books?
I want to say I read maybe one or two? Idk, for whatever reason, I never got into any of the other kids’ mystery series. (Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, etc.) Like, there’s this entire canon of standard adolescent literature that I just… skipped.